CENTRAL FLORIDA LOCAL ARTISTS
Bassist, Entrepreneur, Educator and Industry Pioneer
Biography: Playing bass since 1969, Beaver Felton has played rock, funk, dance, and original music throughout the Southeast and Midwest club circuit for 42 yrs, including the band “Mantra” with “Casablanca Recording Artists” in 1979 and 1980. Beaver has been named as a musical influence by thousands of bassists worldwide including many top players such as Will Lee, Dave LaRue, Victor Wooten, Bill Dickens, Randy Coven, and many others. From 1986 to 1995 Beaver produced “Super Chops 4 Bass” with nearly 3 dozen audio and video courses for bass, all receiving critical acclaim as well as distributed on 6 of the 7 continents with several of them being the top-selling lessons in the world. The courses have also been nominated in “Bass Player Magazine” for “Best Bass Player of The Year” (voted on by bassists internationally) in 1989, 1990, 1993, and 1994. The courses have been endorsed by top magazines, top bass players, and are still used at the “Bass Institute of Technology” in LA. One video was recently featured extensively on the Jimmy Fallon Show. Here in Central Florida Beaver is well known as the Owner and Founder of ‘Bass Central’, a music instrument store specializing in high-end equipment for bass players. The store is considered the #1 store of its type in the world. Currently, you can catch Beaver playing within the Central Florida area with the “Go 80” band with top musicians Franco Campanello, Joe Stump and Douglas Bare. Some of Beaver Felton’s other incredible accomplishments include:
- Chosen and featured by Mike Varney, a well-known rock producer, in “Guitar Player Magazine” 1985.
- Received international recognition, credibility, and critical acclaim as a bassist countless times since 1985, the first being in “Guitar Player Magazine”.
- Interviewed, featured and received critical acclaim in countless international musician magazines from 1985 to present. These have included printed and on-line publications from all over the USA to West Germany (1988), Australia, Japan, India, South America, UK, Switzerland, etc.
- Featured performer and demonstrator at “National Trade Shows” (NAMM) for Peavey, Guild, Carvin, ART Effects.
- Wrote for numerous international music magazines as staff or guest columnist from 1987 to 2003. Over 100 articles published.
- Finalist in “Marshall Solo Contest.”
- Finalist in “Guitar Player Magazine Stun Solo Contest.”
- Finalist in “D’Addario Solo Contest.”
- Lectured at “Full Sail”, an entertainment, media and art school, in Orlando from 1992-1998.
- Played, by invitation at “Heart Health Benefit” in St. Pete FL with Mark Farner (Grand Funk), Buck Dharma (Blue Oyster Cult), and Robin Zandor (Cheap Trick).
- Opened 1995 “Florida Music Awards Ceremony” as featured Solo Performer, playing an original arrangement of the Star Spangled Banner on bass. Received standing ovation and an award for this performance.
- Peavey basses, amps, cabs.
- Mutron effects.
- Hamer Basses.
- Hotlicks Videos.
- ART Effects.
- Superchops 4 Bass Instructional materials.
- Peavey basses.
- Peavey amps/cabs.
- Guild basses.
- Ashbory basses.
- GHS Strings.
- Loga basses (Japan).
- Lakland basses.
- Hamer Basses.
- Spector Basses.
- Carvin Basses.
- Carvin amps/cabs.
- Guitar Glove lubricant.
- Eagle Strapps.
- Schroeder Speakers.
- Hipshot D’Tuners.
- Kleen-Ax string dampener.
- Kahler Tremolo systems.
- Sabine Tuners.